Monday, May 9, 2011

Sherri Shepherd Talks About Lula in "One for the Money"


Sherri Shepherd had a chat with SheKnows and dished on her character, Lula, in "One for the Money." I only attached the "One for the Money" portion of the interview, so if you want to see the whole interview, please click below:

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/829293/sherri-shepherd-talks-

"When SheKnows sat down for a chat with Sherri Shepherd, it was hard to know where to start. The View co-host was on cloud nine over hosting the 42nd Gospel Music Awards, but the actress, standup comic, writer, Newlywed Game hostess, mom and bride-to-be has so much more going on, as well. She dished on just about everything from wiling out on 30 Rock to going pro in One for the Money, not to mention her duties as a mom and fiance with a wedding to plan!


SheKnows: Will Stephanie Plum fans be satisfied with the big screen version of One for the Money?

Sherri Shepherd: I hope they will! I read five of Janet Evanovich's books and from the first time I read One for the Money, I saw that Lula and thought, "If that gets turned into a movie..." When I found out they were auditioning, I put on a tube top, a miniskirt and my five inch heels and walked down the street with that little outfit on. Barbara Walters said, "Where are going, dear?" "I'm going to book this movie!" Lula is so lovely and funny. She curses and says a lot of stuff, but she's got a heart of gold. She starts off as a prostitute and becomes a bounty hunter. What happens to make her go through this change? That's what I love and I think people are going to fall in love with her."

So what do you think? It sounds to me like she really gets who Lula is. I'm likin' this chick even more now! She had read the books before she even knew there was a movie coming out! Love her enthusiasm! Can't wait to see her in action and what she does with this character!!

No comments:

Post a Comment