Monday, May 23, 2011

My Take on "Pirates 4"


Well, as you know, "Pirates of the Carribean 4" came out this weekend, and I went to go see it Saturday. As I've said before, I love this franchise and was excited to see what they did with the new movie. I have to be honest, this one was not my favorite out of the franchise. There was something I felt was lacking in the movie. The special effects were excellent. The fight scenes were expertly and brilliantly choreographed. The scenery was amazing, but it just didn't live up to the same caliber of a "Pirates" movie in my eyes. I was entertained, don't get me wrong, but I didn't come away from this movie loving it like I have loved the past 3. 

With having to write a strong script without half of the original cast, I think they did a pretty damn good job, but I was just a teensy, weensy disappointed. The movie did exceptionally well this weekend hitting over 90 million in box office sales, and I still hope to see the ever sexy Johnny Depp come back as Captain Jack Sparrow in yet another sequel. Anyone know if there are plans, rumors to keep going with the series?

So, if you want to go see an entertaining movie this upcoming weekend, I still give this an A-!  It's worth the price of your movie ticket! And if any of you do end up seeing it, please, please let me know what you thought!  I'd like to hear everyone's take on the movie.

~Stephanie's Obsession~

No comments:

Post a Comment